5 music videos that will make your travel-heart beat faster

I love it when music can inspire travel. So here are some music videos that show the world, and that will make you wanna travel.

1. M.I.A. - Matahdatah Scroll 01 "Broader Than A Border"

This video was shot in Kolhapur city of Maharashtra, India, and in Ivory Coast in West Africa, and portrays different dance traditions. You'll see female dancers performing with swords and sticks, and an African dancer with a bad ass outfit and impressive footwork.


2. Solange - Losing You

So this is actually one of my favorite songs and music videos of all time, and it takes place in Langa, which is a township and suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. I tried to learn the dance moves that starts about at 2:13 and lasts only a few seconds.


3. The Chemical Brothers - Go

This video features women marching and making shapes, with the shopping mall Beaugrenelle, located in Paris, as a back drop. It's futuristic and retro at the same time, and makes me wanna explore more of the non-traditional parts of Paris. Beaugrenelle is supposed to be a 10 minutes' walk from the Eiffel Tower.


4. Bon Iver - Holocene

Iceland has so much to offer and is on my long list of places I want to travel to. This video shows a young boy in knitwear exploring in a way only children can. The scenery is breathtaking with it's lava fields, black beaches and icy lagoon. And when you see that kid step on moss, you can almost feel how soft it is.

According to an article in IceNews, the director and photographer Nabil Elderkin was reluctant to tell exact shooting locations, but told National Geographic that is was shot on the east side of the island, in the region of Vik. It seems that the glacier lagoon is Jökulsárlón.




5. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin - I Like It

This one has Miama written all over it, and according to miami.com it was shot at Little Havana gem Ball & Chain amonst other locations.



PS. Apparently Coldplay has a bunch of travel inspiring videos too, but I'm not a Coldplay-kind-of-girl, sooo...

Comments

  1. This is such a creative post idea! Definitely sparks some wanderlust. Living an hour away from Miami, I definitely don't take advantage of some locations like I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And yes you should, I also think a lot about the fact that I should travel more in Norway as well. To other cities, see the northern lights etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These definite make me want to travel and dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful videos, especially the iceland one. Definetly makes me want to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know, the Bon Iver-Iceland-video is breathtaking.

      Delete
  5. I like the Caribbean beat is the Cardi B video.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7 cool & fun spots to hang out in Los Angeles

A badass Berlin guide

Solo travelling - Why you should try it